Re: A possibly clever idea...

On Saturday, October 12th, 2024 at 14:15, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Inline...
>
> Well the ball is rolling. I now (thanks to gbWilly) can build the packages.
> Next is to figure the out how to make a signed online repository structure.

I wrote how to get the repo structure in another thread.
A step by step, just follow it, this is the easiest part.

> Then probably a server cron job that periodically checks the gitlab version for stable and commit hash for master and auto updates if changed

Have you thought about recipe additions/changes that occur.
Today I made a recipe for 3.19.90. I used 3.19.5 recipe but had to add mongodb install file and some info/dependency for mongodb in control file.
With the 3.19.5 recipe mongodb will never get made!!
And future gambas version will most probably need additions/modifications to the recipe.

> Once automation scripts are complete we will hopefully have something other people can use to set up their own repositories with a few simple clicks.
>
> I'm thinking docker can be used as simple VMs to create packages for different systems, I've already installed docker on my digital ocean droplet and got a Debian image on it ready for action 😎

I use VM's on my local system and figured out a lot already. It should be doable, I just don' t want to get involved in docker shit but use QEMU. Big advatage is that is supports arm64/armhf simulation

> I just have to figure out building the repository structure.......
>
> Respects
> BruceS

gbWilly
[Gambas3 for Debian](https://gitlab.com/gbWilly/gambas3-debian-repository)