Re: A possibly clever idea...

On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 at 08:50, Christof Thalhofer <chrisml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Am 10.10.24 um 21:28 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>
> > GBwilly figured it out and successfully made a debian repo,
> > I looked and it all seemed very complicated.
> >
> > I need someone to write a script that starts something like this...
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/env bash
> > SourceDir="~/gambas-source"
> > OutputDir="~/gambas-packages"
> >
> > # then code that creates the packages in the OutputDir from the SourceDir
>
> I do something like that but it's specialized for my own type of
> deployment so I won't publish it here.
>
> At first I created a makefile for a project (not a Gambas project) which
> builds all the Gambas programs and libs necessary and also has the
> functionality to clean up afterwards.
>
> This makefile is necessary for 'dpkg-buildpackage' which creates a
> Debian style package.
>
> 'dpkg-buildpackage' needs a 'debian' folder with a couple of config
> files where it can pack everything.
>
> Then I have a script 'debian-paket-bauen' (alias for
> build-debian-package) which increases the version number, logs the
> changes from Git and creates the package with 'dpkg-buildpackage' (which
> is part of the debian 'devscripts' package).
>
> I can create and send you a skeleton if you want.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer
>
> --
> Dies ist keine Signatur

Maybe Christof , thank you

I'm downloading the repository stuff that gbWilly made (a pretty cool
gitlab page with lots of info/help
https://gitlab.com/gbWilly/gambas3-debian-repository

My plan is to get an auto-updating debian repository set up at gambas.one
that anyone can use as easy as the launchpad for ubuntu method.

Then maybe think about doing the same for suse/archlinux/fedora
Respects
BruceS