Re: A possibly clever idea...

Thanks guys.

Yeah , i think it was not such a great idea anyway.
I cloned a fresh gambas-stable branch with --depth=1 (was 24rmb) and then
did all the compiling.
That upped the source to over 300mb and made an archive of the source about
200mb :(

Then many issues with make install failing.

Sigh  , thought i was on to a winner there, but it wasn't anything I'd
hoped it would be:(

You are right of course, packager install and repositories is the way to go.

GBwilly figured it out and successfully made a debian repo,
I looked and it all seemed very complicated.

I need someone to write a script that starts something like this...

#!/usr/bin/env bash
SourceDir="~/gambas-source"
OutputDir="~/gambas-packages"

# then code that creates the packages in the OutputDir from the SourceDir

Respects
BruceS