Re: A possibly clever idea...

Am 10.10.24 um 21:28 schrieb Bruce Steers:

GBwilly figured it out and successfully made a debian repo,
I looked and it all seemed very complicated.

I need someone to write a script that starts something like this...

#!/usr/bin/env bash
SourceDir="~/gambas-source"
OutputDir="~/gambas-packages"

# then code that creates the packages in the OutputDir from the SourceDir

I do something like that but it's specialized for my own type of deployment so I won't publish it here.

At first I created a makefile for a project (not a Gambas project) which builds all the Gambas programs and libs necessary and also has the functionality to clean up afterwards.

This makefile is necessary for 'dpkg-buildpackage' which creates a Debian style package.

'dpkg-buildpackage' needs a 'debian' folder with a couple of config files where it can pack everything.

Then I have a script 'debian-paket-bauen' (alias for build-debian-package) which increases the version number, logs the changes from Git and creates the package with 'dpkg-buildpackage' (which is part of the debian 'devscripts' package).

I can create and send you a skeleton if you want.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur