Re: Wayland and Gambas

Hi BruceS,

You indeed have a lot of pain points to be addressed there. Can I offer the following link to a conversation on the Free desktop.org mailing list regarding window positioning and sizing on Wayland. It gives a lot of insight and actually explains the little issue I described in my earlier post relating to dialog controls and Wayland (TL;DR the behaviour I see is expected and seen as correct). There's also consideration for tiling WMs and their expectations and behaviour.

<https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2021-May/041833.html>

Regards,
Neil Darlow