Re: Wayland and Gambas

Hi BruceS,

Is Gambas on Wayland as bad as you think? I'm running Gambas on
GNOME/Wayland in fedora Silverblue on real hardware.

I'm in a Wayland session and have run Gambas under both GTK+3 and Qt5.
I assume that the Gambas IDE gives the controls a good work-out and I
can say that I'm only aware of one tiny issue.

When I have a dialog open and I wish to close it with one of its
controls it often does nothing until I navigate, with the mouse,
outside the dialog and back into it. After doing that, the controls
work as expected. I assume this is some kind of modality/non-focus
issue.

I find that all the flatpak applications I run in this environment are
well-behaved and the only issues I experience are well-known ones
related to the need for additional portals etc.

There may be subtle corner-cases that don't work but I don't believe
that Wayland is a major show-stopper. And if it is causing issues, is
that due to Wayland itself or one of the many WMs (KWin, Mutter or
Muffin) in combination with the GUI tooklit in use?

Regards,
Neil Darlow

--
Sent with Evolution Groupware Suite on fedora Silverblue edition.