Re: Bye bye Ubuntu!

Am 03.04.24 um 22:06 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
Hi,

Just for your information, I dropped Ubuntu yesterday and installed Manjaro (ArchLinux) instead.

No more snap. So now Firefox and Chromium start in half a second. Package installation is about twice faster. And I see less processes when I run "ps", for exactly the same system and the same KDE desktop.

So I guess I will never go back!

Benoît Minisini.

It should be noted, that Manjaro was effected by the disastrous backdoor hack

around xz-utils. The day before yesterday my Manjaro test VM offered to update

to the hacked version of xz-utils 5.6.1. Version 5.6.0 was also effected.

So I suggest all people who are using or testing Manjaro to check their system

and to think about the possible consequences of using Rolling Release distros

like Manjaro.

Regards

Claus