Re: Collapsing of subs in the editor only possible with QT?

Le 01/07/2024 à 18:04, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
Am 01.07.24 um 12:15 schrieb Bruce Steers:
Indeed.  i just tested some mint 21.3 desktops...
MATE - xorg, okay
Gnome - wayland, okay
Gnome - xorg , bug
Cinnamon - xorg, bug
Plasma - xorg, bug

Am 01.07.24 um 12:46 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
I have tested with these two systems: Mint 21.3 / Mate / X11 and Mint 21 / Cinnamon / X11. Everything works as expected.

Am 01.07.24 um 14:03 schrieb Bruce Steers:
Could it be a difference in using a VM?

I'm finding Mint21.3 Cinnamon on a vbox VM works as expected.  but not on my real machine.

Am 01.07.24 um 13:38 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
Do you have a specific mouse hardware?

Sorry, but I am lost.

You are not alone. I'm lost too!

We already have the evidence that have this problem on some distros and to get things right: My Mint 20.3 main machine is physical and also the XUbuntu 24.04 machine of the fellow in the German Gambas Club. I have 2 further physical platforms, 1 x Mint 20.3 Mate and 1 x Mint 20.3 Cinnamon - same problem with different normal mouses and no special mouse configuration. I just received another confirmation from Hans who has the same problem with Mint 20.1 and GTK+3. He didn't bump into this, because he starts Gambas with "GB_GUI=gb.qt5 gambas3" by default.

Why is the focus now on Mint 21.3 which I didn't have when I released my report? Meanwhile I installed a fresh fully up-to-date Mint 21.3 Cinnamon with Gambas 3.19.2 as VBox VM and found the same problem with Sub-collapse.

And why should it have an impact whether a machine is physical or virtual? All I know is, that it makes a difference to use QT instead of GTK+3 (physical or virtual).

Regards

Claus

As the problem is not in the Gambas code of the editor (I'm 99,9% sure), we must look if it can come:
- From the window manager.
- From the distribution.
- From the mouse hardware - i.e. a bas interaction between the GTK+ component and the mouse. I think it's the most likely.
- From somewhere else?

When a system is virtual, its harware is emulated. So if the problem indirectly comes from the mouse hardware, the bug may never triggered inside a VM.

Benoît Minisini.