Re: is it possible to ignore dark theme completely?

Le 04/06/2024 à 15:00, Bruce Steers a écrit :

On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 at 23:17, Benoît Minisini <benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Le 03/06/2024 à 21:52, Bruce Steers a écrit :
     > So I just discovered my Blockski+ program looks terrible if dark
    theme
     > is used.
     >
     > Many of the self drawn button images and game images are inverting
     > colors where i do not want them to.
     >
     > Can my program be forced to ignore dark theme and load things
    without
     > modification?
     >
     > Or will i need to re-invert every image that is being effected by
    this?

     > That's what i have been doing, something like
     > If Application.DarkTheme Then $hPicture =
     > $hPicture.Image.Invert(True).Picture
     >
     > But it'd be handy if i could get the program to render the same
     > regardless of dark theme or not.
     >
     > Respects
     > BruceS

    Do not use Picture[] if you don't want automatic conversion to dark
    theme. Use Picture.Load() instead.

    Regards,

-- Benoît Minisini.

I tried using env GB_GUI_DARK_THEME=0
looks like setting it to 1 forces dark mode to be true but setting it to 0 does not force non dark mode.

would it take much to make GB_GUI_DARK_THEME work for setting false?

Respects
BruceS

Why don't you modify your project so that you make the difference between the images that must adapt to dark mode (toolbar and menu icons usually), and the others images (that you must load with 'Picture.Load()' then) ? This is the right thing to do.

--
Benoît Minisini.