Gambas + ODBC + MSSQLS

Hello.
I am trying to connect to a mssql server database, which is hosted on a windows server, through ODBC. Try installing: unicodc, fretds, etc. I even installed a mirosoft driver but I can't connect to the database. The fact is that in gambas it seems the ODBC connector is linked to unixodbc so if I want to use gambas to extract data from that database I will have to use unixodbc I suppose.

Has anyone done any of this? And a "recipe" of steps to follow to set everything up?

Thanks.

Martin.