[Gambas-user] Decimal values on a SpinBox

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:54:07 CET 2019

Il giorno mar 3 dic 2019 alle ore 22:49 Christof Thalhofer <
chrisml at deganius.de> ha scritto:

> Am 03.12.19 um 18:13 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
> > Christof,
> > are you sure that google is not boycotting you?
> >
> > :-(
>
> No. It's boycotting you respective the mailinglist ...
>
> I maintain the mailinglist. Google is boycotting the Gambas mailinglists
> and I see that Gmail bounces mails from the mailinglist to Gmail
> accounts because I receive the bounces. For one mail that Google does
> not like (like your's with the attachment SpinFloat-0.0.1.tar.gz) I
> receive a lot of bounces, one for each member of the mailinglist with a
> Gmail account.
>
> I have no problem to receive your mail which contained
> SpinFloat-0.0.1.tar.gz because I have my own mailserver
> (degmail.deganius.de). And if someone has a mail account at a *reliable
> provider* this one would also receive *every* mail from the mailinglist.
>
> Spam and fraud detection is expensive. Google says:
>
> "Attachment with tar.gz and something weird in it? I'll bounce it back
> and do not deliver it to my customer. If it contains a virus or not."
>
> That's cheap.
>
> Look. I handle with email for about 20 years for my firm and for other
> firms. Email is absolutely reliable, if done right. But what Google does
> makes me angry. First they say to everybody: "Come to us, you get a free
> email account with plenty of space."
>
> And then they make something *not reliable* out of email. And if you
> complain about that they say: "Upload files and folders to Google Drive
> [so that we can explore you]".
>

> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?p=BlockedMessage&visit_id=637109081706241547-779792091&rd=1&hl=en
>
> Fuck off, Google! They destroy email.
>
> The only thing I can recommend to everyone here is: If you want to have
> a working mailing list, use a reliable mail propvier and pay a few euro
> per year for it.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer
>
> --
> Dies ist keine Signatur

It is not a question of cost, even though as a Genoese I appreciate the
saving. :-)
I switched to gmail because, with my old Italian provider, my mail was
bounced from gmail and since most had gmail I thought it was better to
change.
It looks like a dead end street.
Either we all change or only one does little.
I think the right thing would be to try to live with the monster. But how?

Nothing can be done with GitLab?

I had also proposed to create an official forum, a participation fee could
be decided.

Regards
Gianluigi