[Gambas-user] Decimal values on a SpinBox

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed Dec 4 11:43:16 CET 2019

Dear Gianluigi,

Am 03.12.19 um 23:54 schrieb Gianluigi:

> It is not a question of cost, even though as a Genoese I appreciate the
> saving. :-)

:-)

> I switched to gmail because, with my old Italian provider, my mail was
> bounced from gmail and since most had gmail I thought it was better to
> change.

So you switched over to a provider that destroyes mail because it
destroyes mail?

> It looks like a dead end street.

Mail is a free communication protocol. The big ones want to destroy it
because they want to lock the users in their wallet gardens. Every free
protocol with free servers which talk to each other they don't like.

But it's in our responsibility. If we give up the free protocols and
services we lock our communication into the jails of GAFA (Google,
Apple, Facebook and Amazon). And there we are fucked up.

> Either we all change or only one does little.
> I think the right thing would be to try to live with the monster. But how?

We should demand that Google does mail correct. There are at minimum
european authorities which should be informed about that case. Maybe I
ask the Hostsharing people. The lawyers there occassionally do fights
against majors like Deutsche Telekom and others. They can and will talk
to the antitrust authorities.

> Nothing can be done with GitLab?

To the next wallet garden?

> I had also proposed to create an official forum, a participation fee
> could be decided.

A forum is nice but mailinglists are a lot better, more open ...

Mail is an open protocol, can be handled with lots of software and
different machines, a forum is only a special piece of software. If the
development stops it is gone.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--