[Gambas-user] Decimal values on a SpinBox

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Dec 3 22:48:43 CET 2019

Am 03.12.19 um 18:13 schrieb Gianluigi:

> Christof,
> are you sure that google is not boycotting you?
>
> :-(

No. It's boycotting you respective the mailinglist ...

I maintain the mailinglist. Google is boycotting the Gambas mailinglists
and I see that Gmail bounces mails from the mailinglist to Gmail
accounts because I receive the bounces. For one mail that Google does
not like (like your's with the attachment SpinFloat-0.0.1.tar.gz) I
receive a lot of bounces, one for each member of the mailinglist with a
Gmail account.

I have no problem to receive your mail which contained
SpinFloat-0.0.1.tar.gz because I have my own mailserver
(degmail.deganius.de). And if someone has a mail account at a *reliable
provider* this one would also receive *every* mail from the mailinglist.

Spam and fraud detection is expensive. Google says:

"Attachment with tar.gz and something weird in it? I'll bounce it back
and do not deliver it to my customer. If it contains a virus or not."

That's cheap.

Look. I handle with email for about 20 years for my firm and for other
firms. Email is absolutely reliable, if done right. But what Google does
makes me angry. First they say to everybody: "Come to us, you get a free
email account with plenty of space."

And then they make something *not reliable* out of email. And if you
complain about that they say: "Upload files and folders to Google Drive
[so that we can explore you]".

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?p=BlockedMessage&visit_id=637109081706241547-779792091&rd=1&hl=en

Fuck off, Google! They destroy email.

The only thing I can recommend to everyone here is: If you want to have
a working mailing list, use a reliable mail propvier and pay a few euro
per year for it.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--