Re: Does bug 2921 justify a version 3.19.4?

Le 05/08/2024 à 11:21, Tim Dickson a écrit :
in vb6 there is the currency data type (eg. dim f as currency) which is useful. I don't seem to find it in vb.net 2022 though, but no surprises there as .net is another word for .slow or not( vb) :-) for reference in vb6 a quick test shows that it handles currency numbers with 4 decimal places, rounding any extra decimal places that are assigned to it. it is also limited to a maximum of 15 digits including any decimals. how about a currency type for gambas? maybe based on a int long long decimal shifted right by 4 digits.
regards, Tim

Alas there is no space anymore in the interpreter for a new native datatype.

And I'm not sure this is a good idea, because I suspect that the needed precision of the currency may depend on the context: Two decimals digits? Four? Six?

--
Benoît Minisini.