Re: Does bug 2921 justify a version 3.19.4?

in vb6 there is the currency data type (eg. dim f as currency) which is useful. I don't seem to find it in vb.net 2022 though, but no surprises there as .net is another word for .slow or not( vb) :-) for reference in vb6 a quick test shows that it handles currency numbers with 4 decimal places, rounding any extra decimal places that are assigned to it. it is also limited to a maximum of 15 digits including any decimals. how about a currency type for gambas? maybe based on a int long long decimal shifted right by 4 digits.
regards, Tim

On 05/08/2024 09:07, Fabien Bodard wrote:

This problem with float is an old sea snake. I was confronted with it on VB and VBA for accounting apps 😔.

Le dim. 4 août 2024 à 22:43, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

    One way is to use string for currencies etc and do calculations
    with bc. Floats are not meant for exact things like that.

    Jussi

    On Sun, 4 Aug 2024, 21:06 Christof Thalhofer,
    <chrisml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Am 04.08.24 um 18:06 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
        > Le 04/08/2024 à 12:15, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> I think so, because if Gambas in combination with PG
        doesn't count right
        >> it can have ugly consequences.
        >
        > I agree. I will see if I can do it as soon as possible. It's
        difficult,
        > because there is not many days I am in Paris in August...
        Normally I'm
        > available August 12th and 13th.

        I myself can wait until then. As it is an old bug and I
        recognized it
        just two times within the last week I think we can live with
        it another
        couple of days.

        Alles Gute

        Christof Thalhofer