Re: Reordering components in HPanel fails

On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 14:00, Stéphane Aulery <lkppo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 16/07/2024 à 14:34, T Lee Davidson a écrit :

> >> I recall having an similar issue (actually a misunderstanding of
> >> expected behavior) a while back. Back far enough that I don't remember
> >> the minute details at the moment. I'll have to see if I can find the
> >> thread on the mailing list archive. In the meantime...
> >>
> >> The order used is the order in the IDE graphical designer. For a
> >> container having the Arrangement property set to other than "None",
> >> the components cannot be reordered via the Hierarchy tree.
> >>
> >> You could try enlarging the container temporarily to give more room to
> >> reorder the controls. Then set it back to the size you want.
> >
> > Here is the link to the informative response from Benoît:
> > https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2024-January/081309.html
>
> Benoît said they follow the values of X property. However, it seemed to
> me that this was not the case. I'll check later.
>
> And what would happen if X is the same everywhere and only Y varies?
>
> --
> Stéphane Aulery

I would agree that's "generally" correct but it's sure not always the case.
if the controls are "supposed" to follow their visible order in the IDE
then there's a bug as sometimes they do not.

I have figured out workarounds to overcome this occasional disordering but
it most certainly happens.

Respects
BruceS