Re: Reordering components in HPanel fails

Le 16/07/2024 à 13:55, Bruce Steers a écrit :

On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 12:51, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 12:20, Stéphane Aulery <lkppo@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:lkppo@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        My problem is that if I arrange the fields with the graphical
        editor or
        try to order them with the container tree viewer, I never get the
        controls in the order I want. If I reorder the fields in the
        container
        tree viewer and then save, the order is lost.

        I don't understand what order it follows unless it's the initial
        insertion order of the components, which is no use to me since
        you can't
        define an Order property.

        What am I doing wrong?

    There are tricks i do to sort misordering out.

    For example if the panel that should be on the right is appearing on
    the left I would do this..
    Right click the right hand panel and select Cut.
    Move the left hand panel a pixel or 2
    Then Paste the right hand panel back in again.
    Then usually the ordering is correct again.

    Also when you right click an object there is the Arrangement/Bring
    to Front and Bring to Back options that rearrange the ordering.

    By code you can use hMyPanel.Raise and hMyPanel.Lower commands.

A very useful feature here would be if you could select a bunch of contained objects and have an Arrangement option like "Use visible layout" that would set the order to how they currently look in the IDE.

So, the order is the order of insertion ?

It would be better to have an explicit Order property instead of fiddling with the IDE.

I expected that at least the container tree editor could change the order since it has the buttons to reorder. Is this a bug or missing feature?

--
Stéphane Aulery