Re: Reordering components in HPanel fails

On 7/16/24 08:06, Stéphane Aulery wrote:
So, the order is the order of insertion ?

It would be better to have an explicit Order property instead of fiddling with the IDE.

I expected that at least the container tree editor could change the order since it has the buttons to reorder. Is this a bug or missing feature?

I recall having an similar issue (actually a misunderstanding of expected behavior) a while back. Back far enough that I don't remember the minute details at the moment. I'll have to see if I can find the thread on the mailing list archive. In the meantime...

The order used is the order in the IDE graphical designer. For a container having the Arrangement property set to other than "None", the components cannot be reordered via the Hierarchy tree.

You could try enlarging the container temporarily to give more room to reorder the controls. Then set it back to the size you want.

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----