Re: Debian and Gambas (long read)

On 5/8/24 08:38, gbWilly wrote:
On Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 at 17:36, gbWilly <gbWilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
See attached image. That is the size of the repo with gambas 3.18.4 packages for debian 11 (both amd64 and i386) and debian12 (both amd64 and i386).
Working on getting arm running with qemu to package armhf and arm64. So, it would double.
Now, do all that again for latest stable and it would double again and still be less that 100 MB.

gbWilly
The attachment mentioned

Maybe I am missing something here but I host a ppa( not really but Debian repository)  like repository on github directly,

look at https://github.com/justlostintime/ppa

The following script is used to create the repository.

Here is the script I use to build it, see the readme on how to set it up as a repository on a Debian or Ubuntu release

the Ubuntu directory actually contains Debian packages...lol

#!/bin/bash

cd ~/Projects/ppa/ubuntu

echo In directory $PWD

# Packages & Packages.gz
dpkg-scanpackages --multiversion . > Packages
gzip -k -f Packages

# Release, Release.gpg & InRelease
apt-ftparchive release . > Release
gpg --default-key "justlostintime@xxxxxxxxx" -abs -o - Release > Release.gpg
gpg --default-key "justlostintime@xxxxxxxxx" --clearsign -o - Release > InRelease

# Make list file
echo "deb https://raw.githubusercontent.com/justlostintime/ppa/main/ubuntu ./" > gsh.list

# Commit & push
git add -A
git commit -m update
git push

Is this what we are talking about. It should not be to hard to do this with gambas packages onto github.
Is there a limit to the hosting on github, or is it just because it is a bad actor in open source world?
This script can of course be used for and location hosting the repository.

--
~~~~ Brian