[Gambas-user] MySQL auto-reconnect

Dag JNJ gambas at cd-bahia.com
Sun Jan 28 15:16:51 CET 2024

Am 26.01.24 um 16:42 schrieb T Lee Davidson:
> On 1/26/24 09:19, Dag JNJ wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I got some problems since the MySQL reconnection went away.
>> My programs "freezes" after one write-action in the DB.
>> I tried to solve with
>> /If $Con.Opnened= false
>> /or
>> /if $Con, error
>> /but both obviously find nothing wrong with the connection.
>> The way it works is to open the connection before every read or write
>> transaction, but that goes very slow,
>> Has anyone an idea to solve this?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dag
>
> I don't know what you mean by, "MySQL reconnection went away." And, it
> is difficult to solve an obscure issue.
>
> I have no problem writing to a MySQL database both with a connection
> that remains open and a connection that gets opened and closed for
> every write ("insert into").
>
> Can you provide a small project that demonstrates the issue?
>
> Hi,
I wrote a small program with INSERT INTO, UPDATE and just read a table,
It seems, my issue has little to do with MySQL connection. This works
perfect. Something else must have changed, since programs which ran
perfectly before now freeze after a while. It's Ok, I have the intention
to rewrite the programs I use (some statistics and management software)
anyway, to get a clear line with more knowledge of Gambas I achieved
lately.. Thank you anyway, the idea of a small project to prove the
issue made me see, that issue is none,
Dag