[Gambas-user] Webview Cache Problem

Denis Crowther denisc at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 27 02:19:23 CET 2024

Using Gambas 3.18.90

Hi Guys,

Webview seems to be keeping a cached copy of a webpage for far too long.

There is a website that I need to get some data off daily which uses a
"today" style url.

I viewed the webpage late last night. At 11am this morning Webview was
still loading yesterdays "today" page and it wasn't until approx 11.50am
that todays "today" webpage was loaded.

The new "today" page is available at the stroke of midnight my time.

There's a "BypassCache" on the Reload method but changing a url, waiting
for Finished and then reloading the webpage isn't feasable.

I understand why caching is needed in many situations but personally I'd
like a way to effectively turn it off altogether as the default and
forget about it forever.

Is there a "Turn Caching Off" somewhere I'm missing?

nb: That's way too many "todays", sorry :-)
--
Regards
Denis