[Gambas-user] No way to display HTML in Gambas 3.15?

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Tue Jan 23 12:46:51 CET 2024

Greetings!

I used to display HTML content during, I think, 3.8 times and now I
wanted to make an HTML view of some kind using standard Debian
repository version of Gambas which is 3.15.2, and found no way to do it.
As I can see from the documentation, gb.form.htmlview only appeared in
3.17 and gb.gui.qt.webkit was deprecated after 3.8. Same with
gb.qt4.webkit and gb.qt5.webkit. So... there was no way of displaying
HTML from 3.8 to 3.17? I really don't want to compile newer version of
Gambas since all machines that use my software are debian-based distros
with bullseye repository, don't wanna risk the compatibility. I'd rather
drop the idea of displaying HTML content. But just to make it clear, am
I wrong or is there really no way?

Dmitry