[Gambas-user] Menubar background only changes to Form.Background on top level window (gtk3)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:13:29 CET 2024

On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 at 23:29, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> On 24/01/2024 à 00:15, Bruce Steers wrote :
> > [a lot of things]
>
> The button foreground color management has been fixed for GTK+3 in the
> last commit.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

Cheers Ben :)  much better that they both behave the same way :)

I still think if the object uses ButtonBackground or it's own colouring of
any kind then it should not respect the parent foreground.
Only if the object does not set its own background color so essentially
transparent should it also change foreground to suit parent.

If it renders it's own background color then the foreground automatically
changing to parent foreground color is bound to go wrong.

But thank you for making them the same, at least now i can work-around to
make it look how i want and it'll be the same (ish) on gtk and qt :)

Respects
BruceS