[Gambas-user] Docker image Gambas issue

Linus olivier.cruilles at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 15 01:07:29 CET 2024

I agree with you regarding the fact the embedded Gambas web server is not made for production but unfortunately the fact to replace it, as solution, by a CGI is not good I think.

When you use CGI gambas script, as I already tried in the past, but you need to deal with HTML, javascript some time, depending what you need.
The magie of gb.web.gui is the fact you can develop an Web application almost you develop a desktop application. Of course it’s not so simple said like that but it is way far more confortable than just a CGI script.
Moreover, a ‘gb.web.gui' Web application add the interactive side between the Browser and the web application in back end and it’s really magic.

So I was really expecting the opinion of Benoit regarding that because for now this component is really under estimated but it is really powerful.

Olivier