[Gambas-user] Docker image Gambas issue

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed Feb 14 17:32:38 CET 2024

Am 14.02.24 um 16:29 schrieb Linus via User:
> Hello Benoit,
>
> I'm currently trying to create a Docker image based on Ubuntu 20.10LTS +
> Gambas Daily packages.
>
> The goal is to run into a Docker a Gambas Web application build with
> gb.web.gui
>
> The creation of the Docker image is simple but I'm facing a big bug when
> running the Web App:
> -> The Web App in Gambas start by consumming all the memory of my PC and
> it is killed by the system due to full memory consumption.
>
> Can you help me on that because it could be very cool if it work into a
> Docker Image ?

The Gambas web server is not for production but only good for debugging
purposes. It sometimes hangs, produces memory leaks and then must be
killed. I would not rely on it. For debugging it does a great, wonderful
job and allows the programmer to step though the code when it is started
from the IDE.

I developed a website which is now powered by a Gambas app which acts as
a CGI application. To let it run on my computer I created a docker image
which contains an Apache webserver which calls the Gambas app itself via
CGI.

This is a good approach to using Gambas with a web server in a Docker
image in a stable and reliable way.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--