[Gambas-user] Mistake on merge request

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Sun Feb 11 14:17:53 CET 2024

Il 11/02/24 08:47, Christof Thalhofer ha scritto:
> Hi Gian,
>
> I am unsure if I'm right but you could try this:
>
> Am 10.02.24 um 15:28 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
>> Check out, review, and resolve locally
>>
>> Step 1. Fetch and check out this merge request's feature branch:
>
> If you have done this:
>
>> git fetch"https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas.git"  'master'
>> git checkout -b 'gambas-master' FETCH_HEAD
>
> Then
>
>> Step 2. Review the changes locally.
>>
>> Step 3. Resolve any conflicts. How do I fix them?
>
> You can look at the status on the commandline:
>
> git status
>
> It should show you path(s) to file(s) with conflict(s).
>
> In a file with a conflict git should have marked the lines where both
> parts have changed and git could not decide what change is the right
> one. Like so:
>
>> <<<<<<< HEAD
>> Change One
>> =======
>> Change Two
>
> You can then edit these lines so that only the right one remains:
>
> > Change Two
>
> Then commit and after that:
>
>> Step 4. Push the source branch up to GitLab.
>>
>> git push"https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas.git"
>> 'gambas-master:master'
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Hi Christof,

thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately 'git status' did not report the conflicts so I added the
suggestion: 'git add app/src/gambas-wiki/.environment', committed and
pushed (git push --set-upstream origin gambas- master's degree).
Then I moved to Gambas' GitLab, logged in, moved to the last merge
request (I deleted the other one) and used the interactive mode
following these instructions:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/conflicts.html#in-interactive-mode
and everything seems to have been resolved.

Thanks again and regards
Gianluigi