[Gambas-user] Mistake on merge request

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Feb 11 08:47:43 CET 2024

Hi Gian,

I am unsure if I'm right but you could try this:

Am 10.02.24 um 15:28 schrieb Gianluigi:

> Check out, review, and resolve locally
>
> Step 1. Fetch and check out this merge request's feature branch:

If you have done this:

> git fetch"https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas.git"  'master'
> git checkout -b 'gambas-master' FETCH_HEAD

Then

> Step 2. Review the changes locally.
>
> Step 3. Resolve any conflicts. How do I fix them?

You can look at the status on the commandline:

git status

It should show you path(s) to file(s) with conflict(s).

In a file with a conflict git should have marked the lines where both
parts have changed and git could not decide what change is the right
one. Like so:

> <<<<<<< HEAD
> Change One
> =======
> Change Two

You can then edit these lines so that only the right one remains:

 > Change Two

Then commit and after that:

> Step 4. Push the source branch up to GitLab.
>
> git push"https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr/gambas.git"  'gambas-master:master'

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--