[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:50:34 CEST 2023

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023, 19:30 Linus via User, <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> Unfortunately it fail do to ‘/etc/lsb-release’ file does not exist on
> Fedora, even I installed ‘redhat-lsb’ package. This one does not provide
> /etc/lsb-release’ file.
>
> On Internet, they mention to use ‘/etc/os-release’ that seems to be
> present on most distributions
>
> Olivier

I always check for both and also check for /etc/upstream-release/ folder
for the same if I want to know the base version. Ie. LinuxMint holds its
Ubuntu info there and many other upstream distros use that path too.

lsb-release and os-release files have different key names to watch out for.

Respects
BruceS