[Gambas-user] Initial support for making AppImage

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Tue Sep 5 20:58:46 CEST 2023

Le 05/09/2023 à 20:29, Linus via User a écrit :
> Unfortunately it fail do to ‘/etc/lsb-release’ file does not exist on Fedora, even I installed ‘redhat-lsb’ package. This one does not provide /etc/lsb-release’ file.
>
> On Internet, they mention to use ‘/etc/os-release’ that seems to be present on most distributions
>
> Olivier

'apt' is mandatory to retrieve Gambas packages from Ubuntu ppa, and so
the name of the Ubuntu distribution is needed.

I read it from '/etc/lsb-release' (so that the generated AppImage is in
sync with your current system). So maybe I should add a combo to choose
the distribution if '/etc/lsb-release' does not exist.

In the meanwhile, if you can try patching the IDE source code to not
read that file, but use a hardcoded Ubuntu version instead (for example
'lunar'), we will see if the process can go on.

Anyway, The 'AppImageBuilder' website does not say that it works with
Fedora.

--
Benoît Minisini.