[Gambas-user] Gambas3 and Cross-Compiler

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:47:01 CEST 2023

> The Lazarus IDE apparently allows you to compile, with the same sources
> for Windows Mac, Linux, FreeBSD etc.

It has cross compilation options, but there is no magic to automatically
make it cross compatible.
You need to write the code minding the need. There are Linux and Windows
specific things and they may not be trivial to translate.

What would be necessary to transcode a program made with gambas3 and
> convert it to pure C and then compile it on any operating system and
> architecture?

It depends on your code. What libraries/components you are using and what
the code does.
Pure C is not necessarily cross compatible either.

> On the other hand, what is the roadmap for Gambas3 IDE in this regard?
> Gambas3 > C > Cross-Compiler

Someone did some work to make Gambas working on Windows, but I guess no one
is willing to finish the job.

Jussi