[Gambas-user] App icon question

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:27:52 CEST 2023

On Wed, 31 May 2023, 15:14 Marco Ancillotti, <gambas at servinfo.it> wrote:

> Il 31/05/23 13:11, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
>

> The project icon (set in Project/Properties) will be saved as .icon.png
> regardless of what it might be.
> Or are you referring to individual Form.Icon properties?
>
> Ok , I've used a Form icon and not a Application icon so this was the
> problem.

Aah, glad you found a solution.
My answer was incorrect with regards to the .gambas executable file.
Seems .icon.png always exists in the project folder but not in the
executable. I guess it's for the IDE.

For that you have to extract and read the .project file for the Icon= line.

> Usually you would just select "Import" in the IDE to import .form, &
> .class files from another project.
> And manually drop icon files into the project folder somewhere.
>
> I'm curious to know why you need to "clone" ad-hoc a gambas executable and
> not just use the project source.
>
> I'm writing a main app that call other apps , this is to coordinate and
> delegate all the work to sub-programs.
>
> I need to scan a directory and get a list of apps with name and icons to
> fill a launcher.

Ah I see now. Yes probably easier to read project folders .icon.png file if
executable will be in it's source folder.

> Thank's a lot, I've solved using project icon.

bye,
> marco.

Happy to help (though I think Lee helped more)

BruceS