[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.15.2: checbox dos not accept background color

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 29 17:17:09 CEST 2023

Il 29.03.2023 16:19 Bruce Steers ha scritto:

> How about putting CheckBox in an auto-resized Panel and changing the
> background of the panel? that could work.
> Surely if you upgrade gambas and have working colours then you have
> not
> broken your deb11 you have fixed it?  :)

nice suggestion, i tried ad this is the code:

Public Sub CheckBox1_Click()
   CheckBox1.text = "test"
   Panel.Background = 255
End

i set by IDE a cyan background of the panel then run the code with f5.
i click check box and interpreter stop with error:

"panel.background is not static in fmain"
strange feedback.

I report you because you was so kind to suggest this and it deserve a
reply.
anyway, i already solved canging foreground color of checkbox instead
of background.

> 3.15 is old, debian is slow to update it's gambas version as unlike
> other
> systems debian has a very long LTS turnover.
> Debian 10 only had 3.12 in it's repository while the rest of us were
> using 3.15.
> It's annoying because other software updates all the time. Firefox
> usually at least once a week. but Gambas , nope, the same version
> sits
> there for way too long and becomes an issue for those developing
> programs
> on newer gambas as debian users who refuse to update get a few
> versions
> behind (a few more versions than everyone else)
> I wouldn't restrict yourself , there has been tons of updates/fixes
> since
> 3.15

i am a debianist since 2001, i know pro and cons of the distro: because
consider bigger the pro than the cons, i stay on it.
btw, it is real that gmabas is not updated, but this beaviour is not
for web
browsers that are are often updated, i am writing you using chromium at
Version
111.0.5563.110 (Official Build) built on Debian 11.6, running on Debian
11.6 (64-bit)
firefox run version 102.9.0.

> Or if i cannot convince you then know you are 3 versions behind the
> current development version so bug reports are pretty much a waste of
> everyone's time as the chances of them being fixed are pretty high.

i reported just in case, take it as "excess of zeal".

> Perhaps a VM or a disk partition could have a debian11 with latest
> gambas
> on it.
> then you could tell if a bug in 3.15 is fixed in 3.18+

i am developing a program that will run "stand alone", not connected to
internet.
so to choose a "stable -almost- as a rock" debian it appear a good way,
even if i have to face some minor annoing as the topic of this thread.

> Also...
> have you tried changing the theme or using a different toolkiit?
> Sometimes the bug is in the gtk theme not in gambas.
> Preferences / Look and feel / Appearance for GTK
> or install qt5ct to configure QT.
> Maybe the bug is not there if your application uses QT not GTK?
>
> BruceS

for the report, project->property->components is cheched gb.wt5, no
gb.gtk3

Roberto

VOUCHER CONNETTIVITÀ per P.IVA e PMI: internet a canone 0 per 48 mesi.
ATTIVA ORA

https://casa.tiscali.it/promo/?u=https://promozioni.tiscali.it/voucher_business/?r=TS00000A00025&dm=link&p=tiscali&utm_source=tiscali&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=voucherbusiness&wt_np=tiscali.link.footermail.voucherbusiness.btb..