[Gambas-user] DataView Help

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Mon Jul 10 00:42:13 CEST 2023

Am 08.07.23 um 19:05 schrieb Gianluigi:
> Hi Claus,
>
> thanks for your reply, unfortunately the explanation of how you
> managed to update the DataView is not clear to me.
> Can you exemplify it with some code in the project present at this link:
> https://paste.c-net.org/TrippPaolo
>
> With best regards
>
> Gianluigi

Hi Guianluigi

Thanks for the very nice advanced example. While I was replicating my
odd method to update the display of changed DataView records by code, I
possibly found the correct (and simple) method.

Here you can download the modified version:
https://magentacloud.de/s/7k4Pf79SpeTiAGe

It's all in the btnSave_Click() event routine.

Caution!: Only a changed surname will be saved and updated - lazy me. So
just change a surname and click on the save buttion.

I am not sure whether the used DataControls can make it even more
simple. I didn't use their data-bound functions yet.

Best regards

Claus