[Gambas-user] DataView Help

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 23:16:58 CEST 2023

On 7/9/23 17:04, Gianluigi wrote:
> Il 09/07/23 21:20, T Lee Davidson ha scritto:
>> There was no stolen time, Gianluigi. It was time well spent. I'm glad you got at least some of it sorted out.
>>

>> --
>> Lee
>
> Dear Lee,
>
> you are an optimistic person :-)
> I don't see it the same way, with DataSource to avoid one problem you have to create three more :-(

That's funny, Gianluigi !

I had deleted some of the messages of this thread, so I apologize if this message is in the wrong sub-thread.

Anyway, I think I have some of it figured out.

When using DataControls to add and edit record data, do not use DataView.Create and DataView.Save. Use DataSource.Create and
DataSource.Save instead. (I think the documentation for DataSource,Create is incorrect.)

Also, do not use DataView.Update as it does not appear to work correctly. (I deleted a record with DB-Browser outside of this
application, and DataView.Update did not pick up the change.) Use DataSource.Update instead; although that really messes up the
column width formatting of the DataView.

I stripped out the image functionality of the project to make it easier to share. Attached.

--
Lee

P.S. Benoît, I got a "504 Gateway time-out" on the Wiki.