[Gambas-user] Problem with Embedded Server

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:59:47 CET 2023

On 2/26/23 09:36, Claus Dietrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> While developing a number of sample web-apps based on gb.web for the Gambas-Book,
>
> we experienced some unreliability with regard to the embedded server, which we use
>
> for debugging. Unreliable means:  When starting the web app everything looks fine
>
> but when we select a change of the site contents in the browser, sometimes no new site
>
> is delivered and the web-app hangs. In this case there is no other way than to restart the
>
> web-app and the browser which is really annoying.
>
> Can somebody confirm this problem and do we possibly have a bug or limitation in the
>
> embedded server? Is there a workaround? Is the embedded server based on gb.httpd?
>
> A good and relaxed Sunday to everyone
>
> Claus

Here are just a couple of tips:
Variable declaration must come before any HTML.
You might try setting Application.LogFile and see if there are any reported errors.

It is virtually impossible to know if there is a bug in your code or if the issue lies with the embedded server without seeing
what you are trying to do. Can you pare the project down to a small demo the illustrates the issue?

--
Lee