[Gambas-user] Problem with Embedded Server

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Feb 27 09:17:10 CET 2023

Am 26.02.23 um 15:36 schrieb Claus Dietrich:

> While developing a number of sample web-apps based on gb.web for the
> Gambas-Book,
>
> we experienced some unreliability with regard to the embedded server,
> which we use
>
> for debugging. Unreliable means:  When starting the web app everything
> looks fine
>
> but when we select a change of the site contents in the browser,
> sometimes no new site
>
> is delivered and the web-app hangs. In this case there is no other way
> than to restart the
>
> web-app and the browser which is really annoying.
>
> Can somebody confirm this problem and do we possibly have a bug or
> limitation in the

I'm developing a larger web application and I'm experiencing the same.
In my case the CGI app is called multiple times for each delivered HTML
page, because it contains images that have to be processed by the app too.

It's very often the case that the internal webserver just hangs. But I
have the feeling that the reliability increased a bit since Gambas 3.17.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur