[Gambas-user] Christmas 2023

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Wed Dec 27 22:42:29 CET 2023

Il 27/12/23 00:15, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2023 at 17:25, <roberto.premoli at tiscali.it> wrote:
>
>     Il 24.12.2023 09:43 Gianluigi ha scritto:
>
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > it's started snowing on Gambas, Merry Christmas and Happy New
>     Year to
>     > everyone!
>     >
>     > Gianluigi
>

> Likewise Gian, all the best to ya fella :)
>
>     on my laptop, asto stat the bells.
>     Im not so happy about those "extra code"...
>

> It's only about 30 lines :)
> That's not many when you think how many lines of code make gambas :)
>
> I actually added a couple of lines of extra code to my ide so it plays
> the sound only once on the day because I like it but i also use my
> computer as my hifi/tv so although i didn't want to remove it I also
> didn't want it playing sound every time i loaded gambas.
>
> That's the beauty of compiling latest gambas from source roberto , you
> are free to modify things to your own liking before you compile :)
>
> Wishing well
> BruceS
>

> ----[http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette  ]----

Thanks :-)

The code Bruce is referring to is this:
'--------------------------------
   If dNow = Date(iYear, 12, 25) Then
     sPlay = "bells.mp3"
   Else If dNow = Date(iYear, 8, 15) Or If dNow = dEaster Or If dNow =
dEaster + 39 Then
     sPlay = "spiritus.mp3"
     bHasTear = True
   Else
     Return
   Endif
(1) Christmas (the bells are ringing)
(2) Mid-August, Easter and, Ascension of Jesus (there is the very
beautiful initial part of Veni Creator Spiritus)
If you wish to compile Gambas (since you are Italian and registered on
the forum) there is a pdf file that you can download here:
https://www.gambas-it.org/smf/index.php?topic=8049.0

Regards
Gianluigi