[Gambas-user] Merry Christmas to all (have a TurboSnake)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:29:39 CET 2023

Merry Christmas to all.

I have made my first gambas game that you all can have some fun with if you
like.

I called it *TurboSnake*

So as you've guessed it's a Snake game (eat the dots and grow, don't eat
your tail)

This one is pretty customizable though and i always found snake games to be
too slow so this one has a turbo button :)

Features...
-

* Set 2 speeds, one normal and one turbo speed.
-

* Multiple players, Currently 3 key sets can be used. (I plan to add custom
key editor)
-

* Fully customizable, Load custom images for all objects and main map,
change Start length, growth length, number of Pills, Rocks, Money

It's still very WIP but could be fun, i have not tried multiple players yet
(apart from 2 handed playing/testing) but essentially you could have 3
players in one game.

>From a gambas coders perspective you may find the games
ImageGrid.class/Block.class  interesting it allows you to have a background
image and easily paint/remove smaller image blocks on it.
All a simple Snake game needs but it could have many other uses,

See the post/snapshots and get the game here
https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?t=1671

Merry Christmas to all.

BruceS