[Gambas-user] Print Dialog following the Printer.Configure - Method

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 03:45:58 CET 2023

On 12/19/23 10:13, Claus Dietrich wrote:
> We are currently working on a Gambas-Buch-chapter about the printer class (documented for gb.qt4) and prepared an according demo
> application. During tests with the app we noticed, that the usefulness of the printer dialog, which is started with the
> Printer.Configure-method is limited. It seems that parameters offered under the "Options" button are considered but all
> parameters found under the button "Properties" (like margins) are not considered. There also seems to be no interface between
> the dialog-options and the application which would allow to communicate parameters like margins. Loading gb.form.print also
> didn't help.
>
> We also found, that the margins shown in the dialog are always 3.53mm - no matter what printer has been selected - .
>
> Are there ways to get more out of this standard-dialog or shall we recommend alternatives?
>
> Best regards
>
> Claus

That dialog looks to me like the standard Qt printer configure dialog. You must be using the Qt GUI toolkit for your app. It
looks different for GTK3.

Try opening other applications that uses Qt/GTK (such as KWrite, Kate / Firefox, Chromium, Geany), and you'll see they are the
same depending on the GUI toolkit.

--
Lee