[Gambas-user] Print Dialog following the Printer.Configure - Method

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Tue Dec 19 16:13:19 CET 2023

We are currently working on a Gambas-Buch-chapter about the printer
class (documented for gb.qt4) and prepared an according demo
application. During tests with the app we noticed, that the usefulness
of the printer dialog, which is started with the
Printer.Configure-method is limited. It seems that parameters offered
under the "Options" button are considered but all parameters found under
the button "Properties" (like margins) are not considered. There also
seems to be no interface between the dialog-options and the application
which would allow to communicate parameters like margins. Loading
gb.form.print also didn't help.

We also found, that the margins shown in the dialog are always 3.53mm -
no matter what printer has been selected - .

Are there ways to get more out of this standard-dialog or shall we
recommend alternatives?

Best regards

Claus