[Gambas-user] HTTP Form

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:18:24 CEST 2022

Il giorno ven 13 mag 2022 alle ore 01:39 T Lee Davidson <
t.lee.davidson at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 5/12/22 08:42, Gianluigi wrote:
> > Hi Lee,
> >
> > I am referring to this response you gave to Hans:
> >
> > https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2022-April/075809.html
> > <https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2022-April/075809.html>
> >
> > I created a new "Web form application" with Debug > Configuration On Use
> embedded HTTP server and started it up
> >
> > Your code with .URL = "localhost:8080" reads the window data fine, but I
> didn't understand how it could manipulate it (e.g.
> > write in a label)
> >
> > Basically I can't figure out how it works or what it is for.
> >
> > Would you care to elaborate? Thank you for your attention.
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi
>
> I am unsure exactly what you are trying to do.
>
> The code I posted for Hans was for HttpForm, not WebForm. Webform operates
> on the server side. HttpForm is a client (that simply
> makes it easier to submit a HTML form). HttpForm would not modify anything
> on the server; the web application would have to do that.
>
> I haven't done any work with gb.web.gui, but from the wiki it appears that
> Webform does not actually represent a HTML form; but
> merely any page or dialog of a web application. And now that I'm looking,
> I don't see any readily apparent way to create a HTML
> form with gb.web.gui.
>

> --
> Lee

Thank you Lee for your kind response.

I am completely new to this subject.
I have never worked with a server and client, I was trying to understand
what an http form is for.
I imagine that in order to send data to the server it needs to be able to
read the form and to do that it needs to be the server that provides the
form.
I'll give another example: to access the bugtraker you need to fill out the
form with login and password, basically it's the example you were giving
Hans (or maybe not), but if I send the data with your code I don't access
the bugtraker and nothing happens except to receive the html page code as
usual.

So I keep asking myself what can HttpForm be used for.
:-(

Regards
Gianluigi