[Gambas-user] Debian and Ubuntu libraries for PostgreSQL ???

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:59:21 CET 2022

Le 01/01/2022 à 00:46, Gianluigi a écrit :

> In my Ubuntu 20.04 at the time, in addition to libpq-dev I installed
> postgresql-server-dev-12 as it was also listed in the libraries on the
> wiki and in gitlab-ci.yml.
> Now the library seems to disappear and I don't understand the reason, it
> seems that it don't interest anyone.
>
> Since in Genoa the mayor of the city resolved the prohibition for the
> year-end barrels, it happened that the Genoese have fired at least twice
> the other years, it seems to be under a bombardment ;-D
> Happy New Year!
>
> Gianluigi

The development version does not need the postgresql-server-dev-XX
package anymore, because that package breaks things in recent Fedora
version.

That package was needed to get the value of postgresql server constants.
The value of these constants are now retrieved dynamically at runtime by
the gb.db.postgresql component.

See commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/4b8b7a8dbdf0264b3902c657293ec7dcda7008c3
for the details.