[Gambas-user] Debian and Ubuntu libraries for PostgreSQL ???

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 10:35:45 CET 2022

Il giorno sab 1 gen 2022 alle ore 02:00 Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Le 01/01/2022 à 00:46, Gianluigi a écrit :
> >
> > In my Ubuntu 20.04 at the time, in addition to libpq-dev I installed
> > postgresql-server-dev-12 as it was also listed in the libraries on the
> > wiki and in gitlab-ci.yml.
> > Now the library seems to disappear and I don't understand the reason...
>
> The development version does not need the postgresql-server-dev-XX
> package anymore, because that package breaks things in recent Fedora
> version.
>
> That package was needed to get the value of postgresql server constants.
> The value of these constants are now retrieved dynamically at runtime by
> the gb.db.postgresql component.
>
> See commit
>
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/4b8b7a8dbdf0264b3902c657293ec7dcda7008c3
> for the details.

Hi Benoit,

I thank you for your reply, but I don't understand, Fedora is a different
distribution from Debian and Ubuntu.
Do you write a development version, but if want to compile the stable
version?

One of our friend of the Italian Forum, database expert who has been using
Gambas for years has problems with:
Gambas 3.15.2
Debian GNU/Linux 11 Bullseye
PostgreSQL 13