[Gambas-user] desktop mouse

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:00:57 CEST 2022

Il giorno mar 5 apr 2022 alle ore 17:29 bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Gianluigi,
>
> I don't believe this is what he is after. It looks like it's an attempt
> at desktop automation. In other words, move the mouse to somewhere
> known on the desktop plane and then execute a click at that position.
>
> There are a couple of points that I don't think are clear:
>
> 1) No solution will work on a Wayland based desktop as wayland is
> designed to specifically prevent this happening.
> 2) It can therefore only be possible under X.
> 3) Getting the X server to accept a click (or any other hardware signal
> for that matter) from a running program instead of the hardware is
> notoriously difficult. It is also from my experience, very X version
> dependant. BruceS' suggested approach is probably the best option, but
> I would not guarantee the result on any xlib version, only the one that
> the interface was coded for.
> 4) The xevent tracing utility "xev" can be used to illustrate the
> complexity of the issue.
>
> best regards
> bruce

Hi Bruce B,

where do you get your certainty from?
It also works here on Wayland.
This is a demonstration that, if one reasons about it, can work according
to various needs.
It reads all the links present on the desktop and stores their X and Y
position but, if you want, you can store the rectangle too.

I suggest you to study better :-D

Regards
Gianluigi