[Gambas-user] desktop mouse

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:28:28 CEST 2022

Hi Gianluigi,

I don't believe this is what he is after. It looks like it's an attempt
at desktop automation. In other words, move the mouse to somewhere
known on the desktop plane and then execute a click at that position.

There are a couple of points that I don't think are clear:

1) No solution will work on a Wayland based desktop as wayland is
designed to specifically prevent this happening.
2) It can therefore only be possible under X.
3) Getting the X server to accept a click (or any other hardware signal
for that matter) from a running program instead of the hardware is
notoriously difficult. It is also from my experience, very X version
dependant. BruceS' suggested approach is probably the best option, but
I would not guarantee the result on any xlib version, only the one that
the interface was coded for.
4) The xevent tracing utility "xev" can be used to illustrate the
complexity of the issue.

best regards
bruce