[Gambas-user] Dim two-dimensional dynamic array

Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas gambas at cd-bahia.com
Sun Sep 5 15:10:43 CEST 2021

Am 05.09.21 um 13:47 schrieb Gianluigi:

> Il giorno dom 5 set 2021 alle ore 13:01 Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen -
> Gambas <gambas at cd-bahia.com <mailto:gambas at cd-bahia.com>> ha scritto:
>

>     Hi again.
>     Benoit's way worked best for me. I got a little confused in how to
>     address an array, I have to read more about arrays. For me arrays
>     always
>     have simply been a list of elements, here an array seems to have an
>     exended meaning. Anyhow, thanks to all.
>     Regards, Dah JNJ
>
>     ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette
>     <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette> ]----
>

> Could it be that the slowdown is due to how you load the data into the
> form?
> Do you use a gridview, do you use the data event to load it?
> See this: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/gridview/data
> <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/gridview/data>
>
> Be that as it may, Tobias suggested uploading the data like this:
>
> Dim aData As String[][] = [["a", "b", "c"], ["b", "c", "d"], ["c",
> "d", "e"], ["d", "e", "f"]] ' etc.
>
>   For iRows As Integer = 0 To aData.Max
>     For iColumns As Integer = 0 To aData[0].Max
>       Print aData[iRows][iColumns];;
>     Next
>     Print
>   Next
>
> Regards
>
> Gianluigi

I doesn't load anything at all on a form, it just generates a form and a
class depending on MySQL-tables. To be flexible I made some
parameter-tables, which I loop through. The program first reads the
structure of the table I want in the parameter-table, where I modify the
data and then generate the form. For different routines in the
target-program I have to loop over and over again. My first version made
a program in a second, now I use minutes (Perhaps the progress-bar slows
down though). I also looked at SQlite, but then have more work with the
transfer of the data. (can not read my .sql-files, and .csv come without
header although set to so). The research doesn't pay. I take the
slowness and concentrate on making a functional program. The target
program is fast enough, and I will not create so many programs  with the
generator in the future. a hobby anyway, I am retired.
Regards, Dag JNJ