[Gambas-user] Dim two-dimensional dynamic array

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 15:43:31 CEST 2021

Le 05/09/2021 à 15:10, Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas a écrit :
> I doesn't load anything at all on a form, it just generates a form and a
> class depending on MySQL-tables. To be flexible I made some
> parameter-tables, which I loop through. The program first reads the
> structure of the table I want in the parameter-table, where I modify the
> data and then generate the form. For different routines in the
> target-program I have to loop over and over again. My first version made
> a program in a second, now I use minutes (Perhaps the progress-bar slows
> down though). I also looked at SQlite, but then have more work with the
> transfer of the data. (can not read my .sql-files, and .csv come without
> header although set to so). The research doesn't pay. I take the
> slowness and concentrate on making a functional program. The target
> program is fast enough, and I will not create so many programs  with the
> generator in the future. a hobby anyway, I am retired.
> Regards, Dag JNJ

Note that the Result object you get from the database request is already
an array of array of values.

You don't have to transform it into a String[][] (or anything else), you
can use it directly by setting the Index property to select a row, and
access the N-th column by using TheResult[N], N being between 0 and the
number of columns minus one.

Benoît Minisini