[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:08:31 CET 2021

Il giorno lun 29 nov 2021 alle ore 13:59 Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Le 28/11/2021 à 23:26, Gianluigi a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > today you confirm what the cartoon of the month of jul 14 implied, you
> > are a No Vax.
>
> I am not a "No Vax", I have all my vaccine made.
>
> > It is evident that when you 'marry a cause' (you also demonstrate it
> > with Gambas) you go to the heart of things.
> > I respect you, but I ask you: do you really want to put your health at
> > risk for such an unscientific belief?
> > You caught the virus, is this not enough proof to dispel the doubt of
> > the conspiracy?
> > Aren't you afraid of putting the health of those who love you and are
> > close to you at risk?
>
> Let's suppose that a vaccine work. Then how could a non-vaccinated
> people put the health of vaccinated people at risk?
>
> But these injections are not "vaccine" : they don't prevent the spread
> of the virus, they don't prevent from being sick. They just lower a bit
> the risk of death for old people, and I'm not sure this risk lowering is
> still valid nowadays.
>
> Not the definition of a vaccine imho. More the definition of a drug that
> does not work.
>
> These drugs are an experimental technology still currently in test, and
> human people should not be used as guinea-pigs. I even think there were
> a famous trial against using people as guinea-pig just after the end of
> the World War II.
>
> All that is elementary caution and logic.
>

> > I am not afraid of dying, I am old enough to know that death will come
> > soon enough (9-10 years if I respect the statistics :-)) and yet I am
> > vaccinated, twice.
>
> If you are in the age where the injections bring you a lower risk of
> death, of course you should get it.
>
> More generally: An injection is a drug, and you must be careful when you
> take any drug.
>
> A vaccine is not like a magical orange juice that has no effect when
> 99.9% of the population has taken it, and suddenly makes the virus
> disappear just because the last 0.01% of a population takes it.
>
> Being vaccinated should be a decision between you and your doctor, after
> a careful examination of risks and benefices.
>
> Here is what I think.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Hi Benoit,

sorry if I misunderstood your reasoning.
But I know that I was not the only one :-), no flu vaccine totally covers
the risk of contracting the virus.
Getting the vaccine reduces the risk and I don't think anyone is going to
expect a person to get vaccinated if they have dangerous allergies.
I repeat if the risks are acceptable (and in this case it seems that they
are) I see it as a civic duty an act of altruism towards the weakest.
Here in Italy after the vaccination campaign, the places in intensive care
are under control.
At the same time last year this did not happen and people could not be
hospitalized.
There have been many more heart attack deaths than in previous years.
You may opine that these are just statistics, but I remind you that behind
the statistics there are real people who have lost their loved ones.

Not turning a flu into a pandemic is what governments are trying to achieve.

In a democracy one should act according to the wishes of the majority and
this seems to be done by all European governments.

With renewed esteem

Gianluigi