[Gambas-user] Latest ppa: bad package dependencies

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Jun 27 08:28:50 CEST 2021

Am 26.06.21 um 17:11 schrieb bb:

> OK, I figured it out, the problem that is, not the fix.
>
> What is happening is that I am jumping in and out of different projects
> without restarting the IDE and I am building installation packages and
> installing them as I go. This is for a new infrastructure build here.
>
> What seems to be happening is that when I load a different project over
> the top of the one that is current in the IDE the old project
> components are not getting cleared and the new ones are "not loading".
>
> I know components cannot be unloaded. So is it even possible that my
> problem can be fixed?
>
> The "issue" I originally posted seems to be a side effect of this and
> is not the real problem.

In earlier posts you talked about libs.

I sometimes have this or a similar problem when i have old or broken
libraries from the development process kept in

~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/myvenddorname

and also installed the correct versions of these libraries from
installation packages which then reside in

/usr/lib/gambas3/deganius/myvenddorname.

Then i frequently wonder why my software does not work correctly because
Gambas always looks at first after the existence of the library in

~/.local/share/gambas3/lib.

If there's a broken lib it will crash.

So if problems happen after installing a new software package which
installs libraries my standard procedure on this development machine is
a resolute:

rm ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/myvenddorname/*

But for me, however, this is not a problem that needs to be fixed in Gambas.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur