[Gambas-user] Latest ppa: bad package dependencies

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:49:34 CEST 2021

On Sun, 2021-06-27 at 08:28 +0200, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Am 26.06.21 um 17:11 schrieb bb:
>
> > OK, I figured it out, the problem that is, not the fix.
> >
> > What is happening is that I am jumping in and out of different
> > projects
> > without restarting the IDE and I am building installation packages
> > and
> > installing them as I go. This is for a new infrastructure build
> > here.
> >
> > What seems to be happening is that when I load a different project
> > over
> > the top of the one that is current in the IDE the old project
> > components are not getting cleared and the new ones are "not
> >
> > I know components cannot be unloaded. So is it even possible that
> > my
> > problem can be fixed?
> >
> > The "issue" I originally posted seems to be a side effect of this
> > and
> > is not the real problem.
>
> In earlier posts you talked about libs.
>
> I sometimes have this or a similar problem when i have old or broken
> libraries from the development process kept in
>
> ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/myvenddorname
>
> and also installed the correct versions of these libraries from
> installation packages which then reside in
>
> /usr/lib/gambas3/deganius/myvenddorname.
>
> Then i frequently wonder why my software does not work correctly
> because
> Gambas always looks at first after the existence of the library in
>
> ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib.
>
> If there's a broken lib it will crash.
>
> So if problems happen after installing a new software package which
> installs libraries my standard procedure on this development machine
> is
> a resolute:
>
> rm ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/myvenddorname/*
>
> But for me, however, this is not a problem that needs to be fixed in
> Gambas.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Yes, I agree.

What I am wondering though is whether MY USAGE problem (loading a new
project in the IDE) CAN actually be fixed? I only noticed it when I
loaded and ran a little project that looks at what components exist and
can be loaded. It showed that all the components used in the previous
project were still loaded - which was a bit surprising until I thought
about it. If I load it in a new instance of the IDE it just lists gb,
gb.debug and gb.eval as being loaded - which is quite correct.

Re your libraries matters, yes that's why I wrote that gibberish in
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/library?nl back in 2017. I wonder if it
is all still true? (I do note that someone has added some
misdirectional info about libraries vs components which is both untrue
and IMO should not have been added.)